winding whirlpools...

Friday, November 03, 2006

Liquid Music

I wrote this poem eons ago ..... left it amongst my many files to gather cobwebs.... until one day...someone encouraged me to bring em all up to see the face of the sun.....

Yellow light filters through
The tiny pores of a netted window
As I sit behind this
Mask of dotted happiness.

A mute witness,I watch,
eyelids not batting,
As rain paints her freshness
On every inch of canvas
That she can manage to find.

A restless warrior once,
I’m dumbfounded
At my calm surrender
To the liquid music overhead.

I lay down my defenses
As happiness makes his way
Across the empty room.
Our pulses beat in unison
And in tune with the
Foot tapping number
Playing outside.

We bow to a thunderous applause
And exchange knowing smiles.
He sticks his tongue out at me,
As I beckon him
To follow me into my dreams.
posted by meghna mohan at 1:12 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home