winding whirlpools...

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

It's a wonder mum still loves me.....

Things I've done growing up and still managed to be a mama's girl:

a) Run around with just a frock on my tiny body and no underwear - grand mum was scandalized even though I was just a brat with 4-5 teeth! She'd always tell mum that I would grow up to be like one of those skimpily clad models in Femina.

b) Picked up a muddy stray pup and its brothers and sisters in a shoe box I normally dragged my dolls around in and brought em home only to place them in a freshly cleaned sheet.

c) Dug holes all around the yard, in searching for the missing pair of the golden earing (as I called it) I'd found in School. Mum must have known I've absolute lack of space, mind and what ever else co-ordination!!!

d) Paraded around with sis in mum's finest of clothes pretending to be extremely tall models, trying very hard to balance on mum's stilletoes! And yes tearing the fabric that managed to get under those pointy shoes we were wobbling around on!

e) My constant bickering with a sibling 3 years younger than me. She btw thought she was the lord of it all and still does! I always wonder who's the older one.

f) Scared the wits out of my sister by telling her that there were monsters under the bed waiting to gobble her up, since she was forever climbing over a sleeping me to go to the bathroom or just go say 'hi' to mum and come back.

g) I used to go for Math tutions to a classmates house. To reach her house, we'd to walk on a really long and narrow cement wall surrounded by what I thought was really watery fields. I refused to walk on it and would sit down and drag my butt and legs along - took us 1/2 hour to cross it - Mum must have been mad since she had to carry my baby sis, and my heavy bag and wait as I proceeded at turtle pace.

h) Sis was all dressed up to be a tribal in a fancy dress competition. Only thing missing - she was very white and for some reason tribals are supposed to be black??? :O so mum goes around trying to find something that will help darken the skin... and here the budding artist namely me, fetches loads of black paint and begins painting my poor cherubic sisters face.... Mum certainly saw hell!

Loads of moments like this... will probably update it when more come to mind...
posted by meghna mohan at 5:31 PM

3 Comments:

AWWW!!!

12:09 PM  

moms are moms

11:26 PM  

awww...ur grandmum must be scandalized even more now :P

I'm sure ur mum also has moments...

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home